URGENT: To win a place at the Spring Architecture & Design School you need to submit a 2-minute (maximum) video of architectural critique that addresses one of the following provocations:
- Should we build on the Greenbelt?
- Whatever happened to the Space Age?
- We need fewer architects; more builders.
What we are looking for: Videos must present a cogent, critical, persuasive argument on one of those topics; whatever side you take. Your presentation can take any form: from a single image with voiceover, a piece to camera, or an animation that sells your argument. It can be straight or comedic, 30 seconds or 2-minutes, theoretical or practical, subtle or hard-hitting… but your critical engagement with the proposition is key.
You should demonstrate an understanding of architecture and design, but you are encouraged to interrogate the topics in relation to social issues, political perspectives, and intellectual nuances.
You should note that the judges will be looking for intelligent case-making over and above formal technical and presentational excellence – although finesse and expertise will, of course, be an important consideration.
– Videos should be no longer than 2-minutes and must be no greater than 7MB.
– You should be a student or early career designer/architectural assistant (we are also interested in taking representatives from related creative subjects.)
– You must include your Name, Age, Course Title, Year of Study, University/College, Country of Domicile/Residence, Email Address and any Disability in your submission correspondence alongside your entry. Non-students should substitute job title and place of work as appropriate.
– All entrants must have read and agreed to the Conditions as a default condition of entry.
– Videos should be emailed to email@example.com with “Spring Architecture & Design School Entry” in the subject box.
Once your name has been chosen, please make payment here:
Nominal payment: £20 students/ £27 employed (includes hostel accommodation, breakfasts, teaching and making materials, tote bags and opening drinks)